Research ScientistApr 18, 2019 San Francisco Bay Area, US
Department: Formulation and Process Science
Summary: iPharma is entering an exciting period to build our global brand servicing pharma and biopharma industries. We are looking for a Research Scientist at our Union City, CA to help progress research projects, formulate products, and perform analytical testing, utilizing the technical expertise as part of a strong Formulation and Process Science team within iPharma. The individual conducts duties and responsibilities listed below, plus any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and works on research projects (product formulation, particle engineering, wet chemistry, process scale‐up) of moderate size and scope with minimal supervision
- Develops and performs analytical testing on manufactured products (wet chemistry, product stability, aerosol testing, etc).
- Identifies and interprets data independently. Performs data management and tasks to record results effectively in lab notebook or computer system with minimal supervision.
- Assists in laboratory equipment procurement, maintenance, improvements, and design. Can operate laboratory equipment independently.
- May perform quality control testing under supervision from Head of Quality Control or a supervisor. Investigates and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Generates SOPs, forms, logbooks, study protocols, specifications, stability
- protocols and reports as necessary
- Continues to be up to date with scientific paper, governmental regulations and
- Works well with peers from different disciplines and a good team player to achieve
- departmental and company goals
- Coordinate effectively with different disciplines and share knowledge, skills and
- Mentors and supervises junior lab technicians or junior employees
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or above in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering or related major.
- A minimum 2 years of experience is required in Pharmaceutical, biotech and/or medical device industries (can include experience as a graduate student and or postdoctoral fellow)
- Hands on experience in analytical testing (HPLC, UV‐vis, etc) and experimental design a plus
- Pharmaceutical product formulation or particle engineering experience a plus
- Working experience in GMP facility and laboratories a plus.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and other common computer skills.
- Able to work in Hong Kong
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
Salary will be based on educational level, discipline, and years of experience. Other benefits based on short‐term and long‐term incentive performance base (cash and stock options).
Candidates interested in applying for this position can send a cover letter as well as an updated CV with contact information to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More and Apply